These biscuits are an ANZAC with bonus stuff.
Makes about 24 biscuits or 6 mega biscuits I guess.
125g plain flour*
100g rolled oats
90g raw sugar
50g shredded coconut
35g sunflower seeds**
35g pumpkin seeds**
20g sesame seeds
1/4 cup golden syrup
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1 tablespoon boiling water
*I use spelt flour
**I buy sunflower and pumpkin seeds in a bag together, and just use 70g total
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC, line baking trays with baking paper.
- In a mixing bowl, weigh out the flour, oats, sugar, coconut, and seeds. Stir to combine.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter and golden syrup together.
- In a cup dissolve the bicarbonate soda in the boiling water, then stir into to the butter mixture. It will foam.
- Pour the butter mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Using damp hands, roll tablespoon sized portions into a ball, and place onto the trays. Leave room for the biscuits to spread.
- Press the balls with your fingers, into a disk.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store cooled biscuits in an airtight container.